shindig-users mailing list archives

From Achala Chathuranga Aponso <ach.chathura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating relationships (createPerson SPI feature)
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 06:56:32 GMT
HI,

I think creating relationships is a part of opensocial 2.0.1 specification,
but still it is not supported in shindig. Currently shindig has given the
chance to implement the relationship process according to the choice of the
social container implementer.

I think relationships can be managed by the owner and viewer concept. From
the *getDisplayName () of the Person interface*  , you can find the display
name of profiles. You have to get the display name of the logged in user.
if the logged in user is visiting another user s profile. The logged in
user becomes the viewer and the other one becomes the owner. From those
Display names it is possible to create relationship requests. (when the
owner logs in he/she can see the friend request which is pending approval).
Correct me if i am wrong. :)

Thanks,
Achala