shindig-users mailing list archives

From Matthew G Marum <mgma...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: creating relationships (createPerson SPI feature)
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 19:04:14 GMT
Whoops!  I didn't even know that was already in there.  I made the faulty
assumption that if it isn't in Shindig then it isn't in the spec, but in
reality there are quite a few areas where Shindig still needs to catch up
with the spec.  Things like simple gadget format, full support for OAuth 2
in PHP, etc.  This is another example.

I'm all in favor of closing those gaps where they exist.

Matt Marum

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Goix Laurent Walter <laurentwalter.goix@telecomitalia.it>
                                                        |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"users@shindig.apache.org" <users@shindig.apache.org>

  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |12/02/2011 01:44 PM
                                                  |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Re: creating relationships (createPerson SPI feature)
                                                  |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thank you Matt,

I actually posted to shindig after looking at
http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/spec/2.0.1/Social-API-Server.xml#People-Service-CreateRelationship
 which seems to specify relationship mgmt in scope (although I understand
its support by single containers is optional so I was asking about
shindig's implementation explicitly)

Did I misunderstood your answer?

Thanks
Walter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>  |creating relationships (createPerson SPI feature)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> Hello,
>
> I apologize if I am using the wrong list for this.
>
> I would like to create relationships (e.g. start following another user)
> using the People Service. However it seems that neither the PHP nor the
> Java implementation supports it for the time being (the PersonService
> interface only has support for getPerson & getPeople)
>
> I couldn't find any reference to this in the current issues. Could you
> point me to the appropriate issue if any, or tell me whether this is in
> roadmap?
>
> Thanks
> walter
>

> Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle
> persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante
> dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate.
Qualora