shindig-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Baxter <rbaxte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replacement for iGoogle gadgetsettings
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:34:29 GMT
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Niekerk, C. van (Charl, ICTS)
<c.vanniekerk@utwente.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 03:32:51PM -0400, Ryan Baxter wrote:
>> Thanks Charl!  Are you interested in contributing something more
>> formal, maybe in the way of a wiki article?  Or better yet a patch to
>> the shindig 2.0 code base so that we could do a release with you code
>> in it?
>
> I would most certainly like to try my hand at integrating this directly into Shindig
2.0.

> That actually sounds like the most logical place for it, but I didn't want to "fork"
the code base on my own.

> If you would consider including this in a release, that would be awesome, although it
will need to be tested much more thoroughly first.

> Am I correct that this needs to be integrated into the following subversion branch?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/branches/2.0.x/
I believe so.  The first thing I would do is checkout that branch and
make sure it builds.  I don't think we have that branch building on
builds.apache.org right now and I do not know what state it is in.

> I might need to reformat the code as well to fit into your code conventions, but it seems
like the link to the wiki is broken on:

> http://shindig.apache.org/code_conventions.html
Are you using Eclipse?  If so the best thing to do is to import the
code style templates from the etc directory [1].

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/branches/2.0.x/etc/eclipse/