shindig-users mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gadgets iFrame page under proxy
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 00:14:56 GMT
You can try running the Shindig server with additional Java VM argument:
-Dshindig.host
So it would be something like: -Dshindig.host="MY_SITE"

While we are at it you need to be able to override the shindig
configuration files which are basically consist of 2 parts:
1. shindig.properties which is the server related configuration
2. container.js which allow Shindig server to server more than one
"container" based on the name.

First step, overriding access to shindig.properties to your custom
shindig.properties. I think Rave have more elegant solution for this but
since the core Apache Shindig relying on accessing shindig.properties as
Java resource, we need to put your custom shindig.properties in the path
that is earlier than the shindig's ROOT war.
I think in Tomcat you can put it in the <TOMCAT_ROOT>/conf directory.
However, remember that you need to copy paste all the shindig.properties
file because essentially you are "overriding" the default properties file.

One of the key value of in the shindig.properties you need to change is the
"shindig.containers.default" property. The default value
is: shindig.containers.default=res://containers/default/container.js
The prefix "res://" indicates that the path should be treated as Java
resource. It is actually comma separated value so you can actually add your
own custom container config file.
However, for simplicity lets just override that so you the code can access
default container which will be your new container.js file. You can put
your container file as file:// or http:// protocol.
The container.js file contains JSON based configuration that could and
should be overriden to make Shindig work, for
example gadgets.securityTokenType if you need to make it secure and lock
domain.

Hope this helps to give you guide to right direction. Feel free to ask more
if you need help.

- Henry