shindig-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Bond" <db...@globalcad.com>
Subject Re: Gadget Content Cannot be Scrolled
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 13:40:54 GMT
Hi Ryan,
Having reviewed this further it seems we still have the issue of no
vertical scroll bar for gadgets whose iFrame is controlled by an external
resource. Looking back at our gadget example:-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Module>
<ModulePrefs title="Facebook" height="400" scrolling="true">
                <Require feature="dynamic-height" />
    <Require feature="views" />
</ModulePrefs>
<Content type="url" view="default, home, canvas, profile"
href="http://ampatico.com/Facebook/iGoogle/6fromSVN/index">
</Content>
</Module>
Changing our style sheet/removing any restrictions on overflow has no
effect because the iFrame content i.e.
http://ampatico.com/Facebook/iGoogle/6fromSVN/index is not in our control
and doesn't have height set explicitly so Shindig doesn't know the actual
iFrame size and doesn't add scroll bars.
If we were working with a gadget that had the <Content type="html" section,
then we could manage its height by specifying the relevant setting but in
this case we don't have that.
Can you help with any workaround for a gadget such as the one above?
Ideally, we'd like to specify an explicit height of the gadget e.g. 445px
and to force the gadget to display a vertical scroll bar so the user can
scroll to see all of their Facebook wall.
Kind regards,
Darren