shindig-users mailing list archives

From Luc Rochefort <lrochef...@insyders.com>
Subject First steps with Shindig
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:45:38 GMT
Hi!

I'm trying to build a web-app that would call the REST API of the
OpenSocial Data Server. I have a few issues though.

1- I tried to build Shindig following these instructions:
http://shindig.apache.org/documentation_building_java.html and it didn't
work. As stated in Setting up an Eclipse development environment, "After
the build finishes there will be a web app in
/shindig-project/java/server/target/shindig-server--SNAPSHOT".
Well, there wasn't...

2- So I tried to get shindig-server-2.5.1.war directly and drop it in
Tomcat. The server starts fine, but as I said I only want to use the REST
API of the social module. I am now able the test some calls (i.e.
http://localhost:8080/shindig-server-2.5.1/rest/people/jane.doe/@self) and
get a response back.

Now I need to know how to configure Shindig to use my own database for
persistence instead of the file canonicaldb.json.

Can someone help, please?

Luc