spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: Consolidating Spark's build system
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:37:41 GMT
Unfortunately, we'll probably have to have different branches of Spark for different Scala
versions, because there are also other libraries we depend on (e.g. Akka) that have separate
versions for Scala 2.10. You can actually find a Scala 2.10 port of Spark in the scala-2.10
branch on GitHub.

Matei

On Jul 16, 2013, at 1:33 PM, Cody Koeninger <cody@koeninger.org> wrote:

> If you're looking at consolidating build systems, I'd ask to consider ease of cross-publishing
for different Scala versions.  My instinct is that sbt will be less troublesome in that regard
(although as I understand it, the changes to the repl may present a problem).