spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fixed hbase version in SparkBuild (spark-0.8)
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 04:57:21 GMT
Basically the way to think of the assembly is that it should have libraries that users' client
programs need to run. These are core, repl (needed if they use the shell), and likely bagel
and streaming and mllib, though originally we'd opted to leave those out. We are still deciding
on that -- could go either way.

Matei

On Jul 30, 2013, at 9:56 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaharia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, that is true. But the assembly shouldn't include the examples project at all IMO
-- if it does now, we should remove it.

> Matei
>
> On Jul 30, 2013, at 9:47 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Matei,
>>
>> Hbase dependencies aren't actually included into the Maven assembly as of this
>> moment, because scope of hbase dependency in examples' module is "compile"; but
>> the assembly is only includes those with "runtime". Hence it is automatically
>> excluded.
>>
>> I believe, hbase is needed for examples during the execution time, and if so -
>> it would have to be fixed in the module. This will lead to need to exclude it
>> from the assembly, in turn.
>>
>> And of course... :)
>>
>>   s/putt/pull/
>>
>> Cos
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 09:08PM, Matei Zaharia wrote:
>>> Yeah, and maybe we will want to change to Maven as the recommended tool for
>>> assembly building. I want to look into this more for the 0.8 release.
>>>
>>> Matei

JARs in