spark-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Rosen <rosenvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark 0.8 branch
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 22:56:03 GMT
I was thinking of making a backwards-incompatible API change in the Java
API, described at
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-spark-dev/201308.mbox/%3CCAOEPXP5iWWTSEhJGq5eafpPY1Dxp8ZTAfuhX9w-2%2BaQ3hApbfA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

If nobody objects, I'll implement that change and submit a pull request to
add it to 0.8.  I'm interested in doing this now because we won't break
APIs in 0.8.1+, so it would have to wait until 0.9 if we don't do it now.

I have several planned additions to the Java APIs to add the features
missing from the Scala APIs, but those changes shouldn't introduce any
incompatibilities and can be added in a minor release.