spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Licensing check] Spark 0.8.0-incubating RC1
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 01:48:18 GMT
Hi everyone,

In preparation for the 0.8 release, I've put together a first release candidate mostly to
help mentors or more experienced Apache people check whether the licensing, POMs, etc are
right: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~matei/spark-0.8.0-incubating-RC1.tgz. I've tried to write
the LICENSE, NOTICE, and POMs as required by Apache. Please take a look if you have a chance
-- the ReadMe contains instructions on how to build it and launch the shell.

This first release candidate is still missing some doc pages, so it won't be the final release,
but it should have in place all the packaging stuff we'd like for 0.8, and it should be able
to run out of the box on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. Feel free to also test it for functionality;
we may merge in a couple more bug fixes but most of the functionality will be there.

Matei