spark-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [spark] Change build and run instructions to use assemblies (#857)
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 04:22:26 GMT
Examples are built into a separate jar file, which isn't technically an
assembly. But I think it is fine - I have added some code into Bigtop to
simply reuse that jar without including it into an assembly.

I guess that answers my question. Sorry, should've experiment first ;) Thanks
Matei

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 09:17PM, Matei Zaharia wrote:
> Cos, the examples are being built into a separate assembly. That should also
> be true in the Maven assembly project as far as I can tell.
>
> Matei
>
> On Sep 4, 2013, at 7:16 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Matei,
> >
> > sorry for the late checking... I've looked into your changes and all seems to
> > be in order.
> >
> > Now I see that you are adding examples to the assembly, which I've pulled out
> > of the bigtop assembly initially. Do you think it is ok to add it back,
> > perhaps?
> >
> > Cos
> >
> > ----- Forwarded message from Matei Zaharia <notifications@github.com> -----
> >
> > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:51:49 -0700
> > From: Matei Zaharia <notifications@github.com>
> > To: mesos/spark <spark@noreply.github.com>
> > Cc: Cos <cos@apache.org>
> > Subject: Re: [spark] Change build and run instructions to use assemblies
> > 	(#857)
> >
> > I'm going to merge this because a bunch of other things depend on it. If you try
it on Maven and see any problems, let me know.