spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Licensing check] Spark 0.8.0-incubating RC1
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 01:49:50 GMT
By the way, this tar file also corresponds to commit a106ed8b97e707b36818c11d1d7211fa28636178
in our Apache git repo.

Matei

On Sep 2, 2013, at 6:48 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaharia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In preparation for the 0.8 release, I've put together a first release candidate mostly
to help mentors or more experienced Apache people check whether the licensing, POMs, etc are
right: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~matei/spark-0.8.0-incubating-RC1.tgz. I've tried to write
the LICENSE, NOTICE, and POMs as required by Apache. Please take a look if you have a chance
-- the ReadMe contains instructions on how to build it and launch the shell.

> This first release candidate is still missing some doc pages, so it won't be the final
release, but it should have in place all the packaging stuff we'd like for 0.8, and it should
be able to run out of the box on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. Feel free to also test it for
functionality; we may merge in a couple more bug fixes but most of the functionality will
be there.