spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Licensing check] Spark 0.8.0-incubating RC1
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 17:28:34 GMT
Hi guys,

> So are you planning to release 0.8 from the master branch (which is at
> a106ed8... now) or from branch-0.8?

Right now the branches are the same in terms of content (though I might not have merged the
latest changes into 0.8). If we add stuff into master that we won't want in 0.8 we'll break
that.

> My recommendation is that we start to use the Incubator release doc/guide:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Cool, thanks for the pointer. I'll try to follow the steps there about signing.

> Are we "locking" pull requests to github repo by tomorrow?
> Meaning no more push to GitHub repo for Spark.
>
> From your email seems like there will be more potential pull requests for
> github repo to be merged back to ASF Git repo.

We'll probably use the GitHub repo for the last few changes in this release and then switch.
The reason is that there's a bit of work to do pull requests against the Apache one.

Matei