spark-dev mailing list archives

From Evan Chan ...@ooyala.com>
Subject Re: [Licensing check] Spark 0.8.0-incubating RC1
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 07:38:30 GMT
Matei,

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaharia@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, what docs are you planning to write? Something on make-distribution.sh would be
nice.

Yes, I was planning to write something on make-distribution.sh, and
reference it in the standalone and Mesos deploy guides.

I was also going to document public methods in SparkContext that have
not been documented before, such as getPersistentRdds,
getExecutorStatus etc.   Some folks on my team don't realize that such
methods existed as they were not in the doc.

-Evan

> Matei
>
> On Sep 3, 2013, at 4:57 PM, Evan Chan <ev@ooyala.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry one more clarification.
>>
>> For doc pull requests for 0.8 release, should these be done against
>> the existing mesos/spark repo, or against the mirror at
>> apache/incubator-spark ?
>> I'm hoping to clear up a couple things in the docs before the release this week.
>>
>> thanks,
>> -Evan
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Mark Hamstra <mark@clearstorydata.com> wrote:
>>> Okay, so is there any way to get github's compare view to be happy with
>>> differently-named repositories?  What I want is to be able to compare and
>>> generate a pull request between
>>> github.com/apache/incubator-spark:masterand, e.g.,
>>> github.com/markhamstra/spark:myBranch and not need to create a new

Evan Chan
Staff Engineer
ev@ooyala.com  |