spark-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject MBrace: Cloud Computing with Monads
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:33:53 GMT
(Resending to @apache list instead of old google-group)

A bit of a random question but I was wondering if there were efforts
underway to generalize / expand the Spark API towards something that would
be similar to the MBrace [1] model ... there's certainly an overlap between
the features of the systems already ... so I guess I'm thinking about an
API that's less centered around RDDs (as a collection) and more towards
distributed dataflow that would feel more like composing Promises/Futures
... or even generalizing to support various sorts of container/context
monads.

[1] "MBrace: Cloud Computing with Monads"
http://plosworkshop.org/2013/preprint/dzik.pdf