spark-dev mailing list archives

From Evan Chan ...@ooyala.com>
Subject Mesos not working on head of master
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:01:10 GMT
1) zk:// URIs can no longer be passed to SparkContext as the first
argument, as the MESOS_REGEX was changed to take only mesos:// URIs.
This essentially renders Spark incompatible with real production Mesos
setups.

2) Spinning up tasks on a Mesos cluster, all of them fail right away,
with no log message visible.  This might possibly be me, but this was
working with 0.8.0.

I can submit a pull request for #1, but a better fix would be to have
some kind of MesosSuite so that any kind of breakages can be caught
systematically.   Maybe some kind of VM, but ideas are welcome.  What
do you guys think?

(I've cc'ed two folks from Mesosphere, esp on setting up a test suite)

-Evan

Evan Chan
Staff Engineer
ev@ooyala.com  |