spark-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Nguyen <...@adatao.com>
Subject Re: Spark development for undergraduate project
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 19:25:51 GMT
Matt, some suggestions.

If you're interested in the machine-learning layer, perhaps you could look
into helping to harmonize our (Adatao) dataframe representation with
MLlib's, and base RDDs for that matter. It requires someone to spend some
dedicated time looking into the trade-offs between generalizability vs
performance issues, etc. It's something our groups have talked about doing
but haven't been able to invest the resources to do.

Separately, neural nets/deep learning is an area of emerging interest to
look into with Spark. It may drive some alternate optimization patterns for
Spark, e.g., sub-cluster communication. If interested, I can connect you to
some deep learning folks at UoT (not too far from you) and Google. Matei
may also have some interest in this.

--
Christopher T. Nguyen
Co-founder & CEO, Adatao <http://adatao.com>