spark-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.8.1-incubating (rc4)
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:31:48 GMT
Hi Patrick, as sebb has mentioned let's move the binaries from the
voting directory in your people.apache.org directory.
ASF release voting is for source code and not binaries, and
technically we provide binaries for convenience.

And add link to the KEYS location in the dist[1] to let verify signatures.

Sorry for the late response to the VOTE thread, guys.

- Henry

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/spark/KEYS

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Patrick Wendell <pwendell@gmail.com> wrote:
> The vote is now closed. This vote passes with 5 PPMC +1's and no 0 or -1
> votes.
>
> +1 (5 Total)
> Matei Zaharia*
> Nick Pentreath*
> Patrick Wendell*
> Prashant Sharma*
> Tom Graves*
>
> 0 (0 Total)
>
> -1 (0 Total)
>
> * = Binding Vote
>
> As per the incubator release guide [1] I'll be sending this to the
> general incubator list for a final vote from IPMC members.
>
> [1]
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-
> vote
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Evan Chan <ev@ooyala.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd be personally fine with a standard workflow of assemble-deps +
>> packaging just the Spark files as separate packages, if it speeds up
>> everyone's development time.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Mark Hamstra <mark@clearstorydata.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > I don't know how to make sense of the numbers, but here's what I've got
>> > from a very small sample size.
>> >
>> > For both v0.8.0-incubating and v0.8.1-incubating, building separate
>> > assemblies is faster than `./sbt/sbt assembly` and the times for building
>> > separate assemblies for 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 are about the same.
>> >
>> > For v0.8.0-incubating, `./sbt/sbt assembly` takes about 2.5x as long as
>> the
>> > sum of the separate assemblies.
>> > For v0.8.1-incubating, `./sbt/sbt assembly` takes almost 8x as long as
>> the
>> > sum of the separate assemblies.
>> >
>> > Weird.
>> >

>> > On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Patrick Wendell <pwendell@gmail.com