spark-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Davidson <ilike...@gmail.com>
Subject IntelliJ Scala Import Organizer Plugin
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 03:00:42 GMT
Hi guys, just wanted to share a little plugin I wrote for IntelliJ to help
auto-organize Scala imports. Anyone who has submitted a patch to Spark has
probably felt the exhilaration of manually sorting and bucketing your
imports. Well, now you can let your IDE have some fun!

It's in the plugin repository, so you can download it from within IntelliJ.
Just go to *Settings -> Plugins -> Browse repositories...* and type "Scala
Import" and it should show up. Once installed, go to *Settings -> Code
Style -> Scala Imports Organizer *to configure the bucketing rules. Here
are some Matei-approvedTM rules for Spark:

import scala.language.*

import java.*

import scala.*

import *

import org.apache.spark.*

To actually organize imports, just press Ctrl+Shift+O by default (I think
that's Cmd+Shift+O on Macs) or *Tools -> Organize Scala Imports*.

If you find a bug or have a suggestion, please let me know. The IntelliJ
plugin page is here
<http://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/7350?pr=idea>(feel free to vote!)
and the Github project is
here <https://github.com/aarondav/scala-imports-organizer>.