spark-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Haberman <stephen.haber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc5)
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:01:57 GMT
Hi Patrick,

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1006/

I was going to import this rc5 release into our internal Maven repo to
try it out, but noticed that the version doesn't have "rc5" in it.

This means that, if there is an rc6, I'll have to re-import over the same
artifacts, which is generally not a good thing given Maven assumes artifacts
never change.

Is this restriction required by the blessing process, or would it be
possible to sneak rc5 into the pre-final version number?

For now, I'll just build a local version, at the same commit, but with
the as 0.9.0-incubating-rc5.

Apologies if this was discussed before and I just missed it.

- Stephen