spark-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wendell <pwend...@gmail.com>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc5)
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:51:43 GMT
Voting is now closed. This vote passes with 5 binding +1 votes and no
0 or -1 votes. This vote will now go to the IPMC list for a second
72-hour vote. Spark developers are encouraged to comment on the IPMC
vote as well.

The totals are:

+1
Patrick Wendell*
Hossein Falaki
Reynold Xin*
Andy Konwinski*
Mark Hamstra*
Sean McNamara*

0: (none)
-1: (none)

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Patrick Wendell <pwendell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Taka,
>
> If you build a second version you need to clean the existing assembly jar.
>
> The reference implementation of the tests are the ones on the U.C.
> Berkeley Jenkins. These are passing for Branch 0.9 for both Hadoop 1
> and Hadoop 2 versions, so I'm inclined to think it's an issue with
> your test env or setup.
>
> https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/view/Spark/
>
> - Patrick
>
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com> wrote:
>> It is possible that you have generated the assembly jar using one version
>> of Hadoop, and then another assembly jar with another version. Those tests
>> that failed are all using a local cluster that sets up multiple processes,
>> which would require launching Spark worker processes using the assembly
>> jar. If that's indeed the problem, removing the extra assembly jars should
>> fix them.
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Taka Shinagawa <taka.epsilon@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> If I build Spark for Hadoop 1.0.4 (either "SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=1.0.4
>>> sbt/sbt assembly"  or "sbt/sbt assembly") or use the binary distribution,
>>> 'sbt/sbt test' runs successfully.
>>>
>>> However, if I build Spark targeting any other Hadoop versions (e.g.
>>> "SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=1.2.1 sbt/sbt assembly", "SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=2.2.0
>>> sbt/sbt assembly"), I'm getting the following errors with 'sbt/sbt test':
>>>
>>> 1) type mismatch errors with JavaPairDStream.scala
>>> 2) following test failures
>>> [error] Failed tests:
>>> [error] org.apache.spark.ShuffleNettySuite
>>> [error] org.apache.spark.ShuffleSuite
>>> [error] org.apache.spark.FileServerSuite
>>> [error] org.apache.spark.DistributedSuite
>>>
>>> I don't have Hadoop 1.0.4 installed on my test systems (but the test
>>> succeeds, and failed with the installed Hadoop versions). I'm seeing these
>>> sbt test errors with the previous 0.9.0 RCs and 0.8.1, too.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem or I'm missing something
>>> to run the test correctly.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Taka

>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=