spark-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <...@mult.ifario.us>
Subject Re: spork?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:12:59 GMT
Just an IMHO.  We've moved a number of Pig jobs to Spark jobs, and the
benefits of a genuine conversion (type safety, terseness, debugging, lack
of gratuitous shells and shims around UDFs, ...) are sufficient that a
rewrite is probably preferable from an adapter unless you have an enormous
Pig investment that you want to continue investing in.

-- Paul

—
prb@mult.ifario.us | Multifarious, Inc. | http://mult.ifario.us/