spark-dev mailing list archives

From Shivaram Venkataraman <shiva...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject SparkR developer release
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 22:14:40 GMT
I'm happy to announce the developer preview of SparkR, an R frontend
for Spark. SparkR presents Spark's API in R and allows you to write
code in R and run the computation on a Spark cluster. You can try out
SparkR today by installing it from our github repo at
https://github.com/amplab-extras/SparkR-pkg .

Right now SparkR is available as a standalone package that can be
installed to run on an existing Spark installation. Note that SparkR
requires Spark >= 0.9 and the default build uses the recent 0.9
release candidate. In the future we will consider merging this with
Apache Spark.

More details about SparkR and examples of SparkR code can be found at
http://amplab-extras.github.io/SparkR-pkg. I would like to thank
Zongheng Yang, Matei Zaharia and Matt Massie for their contributions
and help in developing SparkR.

Comments and pull requests are welcome on github.

Thanks
Shivaram