spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spork?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:45:41 GMT
Yup, that was it, though I believe people at Twitter picked it up again recently. I’d suggest
asking Dmitriy if you know him. I’ve seen interest in this from several other groups, and
if there’s enough of it, maybe we can start another open source repo to track it. The work
in that repo you pointed to was done over one week, and already had most of Pig’s operators
working. (I helped out with this prototype over Twitter’s hack week.) That work also calls
the Scala API directly, because it was done before we had a Java API; it should be easier
with the Java one.

Matei

On Jan 22, 2014, at 9:07 AM, Tom Graves <tgraves_cs@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> At one point I heard of pig on Spark (Spork).  The only thing I could find on it was
https://github.com/dvryaboy/pig and it doesn't look like there has been any work on it in
quite a while.