spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Graduation of Apache Spark
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 01:59:21 GMT
Thanks everyone for voting! With 37 +1s (three from the IPMC and 23 from the PPMC) and no -1s,
the resolution passes. I’ve added a tally of the votes below:

+1
Matei Zaharia
Reynold Xin
Tathagata Das
Sean McNamara
Patrick Wendell
Mark Hamstra
Chris Mattmann *
Tom Graves
Henry Saputra *
Andy Konwinski
Josh Rosen
Mosharaf Chowdhury
Mridul Muralidharan
Nick Pentreath
Andrew Xia
Haoyuan Li
Sandy Ryza
Sebastian Schelter *
Kostas Sakellis
Christopher Nguyen
Aaron Davidson
Shivaram Venkataraman
Kay Ousterhout
Evan Sparks
Xuefeng Wu
Konstantin Boudnik
Rahul Chugh
Prashant Sharma
Stephen Haberman
Prabeesh K.
Saisai Shao
Junfeng Feng
Jason Dai
Stevo Slavic
Heiko Braun
Xia Zhu
Manoj Awasthi

+0
(none)

-1
(none)

* indicates IPMC member

The next step will be to send the vote to general@incubator.apache.org — I’ll do that
momentarily.

Matei

On Jan 26, 2014, at 1:49 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaharia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Discussion has proceeded positively, so I'm calling for a community VOTE for the graduation
of Apache Spark (incubating) into a top level project. If this VOTE is successful, then I'll
call an Incubator PMC VOTE in 72 hours, and if that is successful, we’ll submit the project
graduation resolution below into the board agenda for the next Apache board meeting.

> So far, I've heard the following VOTEs (implied) during the DISCUSS thread. If you see
your name there is no need to VOTE again and I’ll carry through the VOTE as below. If you
want to change your VOTE, or I got it wrong, let me know and we'll change it.

try and close the VOTE on Wednesday and then start the Incubator PMC VOTE on general@incubator.apache.org.