spark-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Garneau <ngarn...@ngarneau.com>
Subject Re: Apache Spark running out of the spark shell
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 18:22:58 GMT
Hey AJ,

As I can see your path when running sbt is:

> $root/spark/spark-examples: sbt/sbt package

You should be within the app's folder that contains the simple.sbt, which is spark-standalone/;

> $root/spark/spark-examples/spark-standalone: sbt/sbt package
> $root/spark/spark-examples/spark-standalone: sbt/sbt run

Don't forget to move the sbt folder within your app's directory.

That being said, I think you can install sbt globally on your system so you'll be able to
run the sbt command everywhere on your PC.
It'll be useful when creating multiple apps.

For example, the way I'm building it from A to Z:
$ git clone https://github.com/ngarneau/spark-standalone.git
$ cd spark-standalone
-- change the path of spark's home dir
$ sbt package (assuming sbt is installed globally)
$ sbt run (assuming sbt is installed globally)

Hope this helps!