spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailing list
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 20:58:25 GMT

> The script you're talking about, is it merge_spark_pr.py [1] ?

Yup, that’s it.

>> Note by the way that using GitHub is not at all necessary for using Git. We happened
to do our development on GitHub before moving to the ASF, and all our developers were used
to its interface, so we stuck with it. It definitely beats attaching patches on JIRA but it
may not be the first step you want to take in moving to Git.

> Your workflow is indeed interesting. I guess most of Ant committers and potential contributors
have experience with github too, so at some point we'll have to handle it. I'll discuss with
the Ant dev community.

> Thank you Matei for the fix on the site and for the clear response.

Cool, glad to hear this is useful!