spark-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Watt <sw...@redhat.com>
Subject Contributing Spark Infrastructure Configuration Docs
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 21:51:29 GMT
Hi Folks

My name is Steve Watt and I work in the CTO Office at Red Hat. I've recently spent quite a
bit of time designing single rack and multi-rack infrastructures for Spark for our own hardware
procurement at Red Hat and I thought the diagrams and server specs for both Dell and HP would
be useful to the broader community as well. Even if folks don't want to go with my exact design,
having the designs as a starting point should save  quite a bit of time. I think I can fold
this quite easily into http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/hardware-provisioning.html

However, before submitting a pull request for the modified page I thought I'd send this note
up front and see if anyone wanted to provide some feedback first. If there is none, I'll submit
the pull request early next week.

Regards
Steve Watt