spark-dev mailing list archives

From Will Benton <wi...@redhat.com>
Subject preferred Hive/Hadoop environment for generating golden test outputs
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 02:51:04 GMT
Hi all,

What's the preferred environment for generating golden test outputs for new Hive tests?  In
particular:

* what Hadoop version and Hive version should I be using,
* are there particular distributions people have run successfully, and
* are there any system properties or environment variables (beyond HADOOP_HOME, HIVE_HOME,
and HIVE_DEV_HOME) I need to set before running the suite?

I ask because I'm getting some errors while trying to add new tests and would like to eliminate
any possible problems caused by differences between what my environment offers and what Spark
expects.  (I'm currently running with the Fedora packages for Hadoop 2.2.0 and a locally-built
Hive 0.12.0.)  Since I'll only be using this for generating test outputs, something as simple
to set up as possible would be great.

(Once I get something working, I'll be happy to write it up and contribute it as developer
docs.)

thanks,
wb