spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Buidling spark in Eclipse Kepler
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 20:43:00 GMT
I think your best bet by far is to consume the Maven build as-is from
within Eclipse. I wouldn't try to export a project config from the
build as there is plenty to get lost in translation.

Certainly this works well with IntelliJ, and by the by, if you have a
choice, I would strongly recommend IntelliJ over Eclipse for working
with Maven and Scala.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Ron Gonzalez
<zlgonzalez@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to get the apache spark trunk compiling in my Eclipse, but I can't seem
to get it going. In particular, I've tried sbt/sbt eclipse, but it doesn't seem to create
the eclipse pieces for yarn and other projects. Doing mvn eclipse:eclipse on yarn seems to
fail as well as sbt/sbt eclipse just for yarn fails. Is there some documentation available
for eclipse? I've gone through the ones on the site, but to no avail.