spark-dev mailing list archives

From "Hari Shreedharan" <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Moving PR Builder to mvn
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:39:13 GMT
Over the last few months, it seems like we have selected Maven to be the “official” build
system for Spark.

I realize that removing the sbt build may not be easy, but it might be a good idea to start
looking into that. We had issues over the past few days where mvn builds were fine, while
sbt was failing to resolve dependencies which were test-jars causing compilation of certain
tests to fail.

As a first step, I am wondering if it might be a good idea to change the PR builder to mvn
and test PRs consistent with the way we test releases. I am not sure how technically feasible
it is, but it would be a start to standardizing on one build system.

Thanks,
Hari