spark-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Bejeck <bbej...@gmail.com>
Subject SPARK-3299 jira task question
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:52:19 GMT
Since this task involves making changes to some of core functionality, I
figured it's best if I share my intents for completing this task.

This change is a little more involved as it requires modifying the Catalog
trait.
My current plan is to add an abstract method to the Catalog trait and have
any objects extending Catalog override a 'listTables' method.
The SQLContext object uses an instance of SimpleCatalog for any table
operations. Any additional public method defined to list the tables will
delegate to the SimpleCatalog instance. This approach follows the pattern
used for registering tables with the SQLContext.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill