spark-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject Appropriate way to add a debug flag
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:02:35 GMT
Hello all – I am working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-3694 and would like
to understand the appropriate mechanism by which to check for a debug flag before printing
a graph traversal of dependencies of an RDD or Task. I understand that I can use the logging
utility and use logDebug to actually print the output but the graph traversal should not be
executed unless the debug output is enabled. The code changes I will be making will be in
the DAGScheduler and TaskSetManager classes.

Modifying the function interfaces does not seem like the appropriate approach . Is there an
existing debug flag that is set somehow within the spark config?

and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from your computer.