spark-dev mailing list archives

From nitin <nitin2go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark SQL - Long running job
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 05:38:30 GMT
I believe calling processedSchemaRdd.persist(DISK) and
processedSchemaRdd.checkpoint() only persists data and I will lose all the
RDD metadata and when I re-start my driver, that data is kind of useless for
me (correct me if I am wrong).

I thought of doing processedSchemaRdd.saveAsParquetFile (hdfs file system)
but I fear that in case my "HDFS block size" > "partition file size", I will
get more partitions when reading instead of original schemaRdd.