spark-dev mailing list archives

From "Shao, Saisai" <saisai.s...@intel.com>
Subject Questions about Spark standalone resource scheduler
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 08:24:18 GMT
Hi all,

I have some questions about the future development of Spark's standalone resource scheduler.
We've heard some users have the requirements to have multi-tenant support in standalone mode,
like multi-user management, resource management and isolation, whitelist of users. Seems current
Spark standalone do not support such kind of functionalities, while resource schedulers like
Yarn offers such kind of advanced managements, I'm not sure what's the future target of standalone
resource scheduler, will it only target on simple implementation, and for advanced usage shift
to YARN? Or will it plan to add some simple multi-tenant related functionalities?

Thanks a lot for your comments.

BR
Jerry