spark-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Williams <ryan.blake.willi...@gmail.com>
Subject Monitoring Spark with Graphite and Grafana
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 02:10:58 GMT
If anyone is curious to try exporting Spark metrics to Graphite, I just
published a post about my experience doing that, building dashboards in
Grafana <http://grafana.org/>, and using them to monitor Spark jobs:
http://www.hammerlab.org/2015/02/27/monitoring-spark-with-graphite-and-grafana/

Code for generating Grafana dashboards tailored to the metrics emitted by
Spark is here: https://github.com/hammerlab/grafana-spark-dashboards.

If anyone else is interested in working on expanding MetricsSystem to make
this sort of thing more useful, let me know, I've been working on it a fair
amount and have a bunch of ideas about where it should go.

Thanks,

-Ryan