spark-dev mailing list archives

From Zhan Zhang <zzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Review request for SPARK-6112:Provide OffHeap support through HDFS RAM_DISK
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 23:14:20 GMT
Thanks Reynold,

Agree with you to open another JIRA to unify the block storage API.  I have upload the design
doc to SPARK-6479 as well.

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

On Mar 23, 2015, at 4:03 PM, Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com<mailto:rxin@databricks.com>>
wrote:

I created a ticket to separate the API refactoring from the implementation. Would be great
to have these as two separate patches to make it easier to review (similar to the way we are
doing RPC refactoring -- first introducing an internal RPC api, port akka to it, and then
add an alternative implementation).

Can you upload your design doc there so we can discuss the block store api? Thanks.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Zhan Zhang <zzhang@hortonworks.com<mailto:zzhang@hortonworks.com>>