spark-dev mailing list archives

From Cheng Lian <lian.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for Hive 0.14 in secure mode on hadoop 2.6.0
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:13:34 GMT
We're planning to replace the current Hive version profiles and shim
layer with an adaption layer in Spark SQL in 1.4. This adaption layer
allows Spark SQL to connect to arbitrary Hive version greater than or
equal to 0.12.0 (or maybe 0.13.1, not decided yet).

However, it's not a promise yet, since this requires major refactoring
of the current Spark SQL Hive support.

Cheng