spark-dev mailing list archives

From Priya Ch <learnings.chitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark streaming with Kafka- couldnt find KafkaUtils
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 06:30:42 GMT
Hi All,

  I configured Kafka  cluster on a  single node and I have streaming
application which reads data from kafka topic using KafkaUtils. When I
execute the code in local mode from the IDE, the application runs fine.

But when I submit the same to spark cluster in standalone mode, I end up
with the following exception:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org/apache/spark/streaming/kafka/KafkaUtils.

I am using spark-1.2.1 version. when i checked the source files of
streaming, the source files related to kafka are missing. Are these not
included in spark-1.3.0 and spark-1.2.1 versions ?

Have to manually include these ??

Regards,
Padma Ch