spark-dev mailing list archives

From Emre Sevinc <emre.sev...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any particular reason why there's no Java counterpart in Streaming Guide's "Design Patterns for using foreachRDD" section?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:34:04 GMT
Hello,

Is there any particular reason why there's no Java counterpart in Streaming
Guide's "Design Patterns for using foreachRDD" section?

   https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/streaming-programming-guide.html

Up to that point, each source code example includes corresponding Java (and
sometimes Python) source code for the Scala examples, but in section
"Design Patterns for using foreachRDD", the code examples are only in Scala
and Python.

After that section comes "DataFrame and SQL Operations", and it continues
giving examples in Scala, Java, and Python.

The reason I'm asking: if there's no particular reason, maybe I can open a
JIRA ticket and contribute to that part of the documentation?

--
Emre Sevinç