spark-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Mazur <igor.koz...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive metadata operations support
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 11:26:42 GMT
Hi!

I've found that Spark only supports ExecuteStatementOperation in
SparkSQLOperationManager.

Are there any plans to support others metadata operations?

Why this question occurs - I'm trying to connect PrestoDB through standard
hive jdbc driver and it doesn't see any tables that registered as
registerTempTable.
Also through beeline tool I can execute "SHOW TABLES in default" and get
those tables, but !tables doesn't show me same.

So, if it was correct from your vision, I would try to implement others
operations.

Igor Mazur