spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove Hadoop 1 support (Hadoop <2.2) for Spark 1.5?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 18:24:00 GMT
I don't like the idea of removing Hadoop 1 unless it becomes a significant maintenance burden,
which I don't think it is. You'll always be surprised how many people use old software, even
though various companies may no longer support them.

With Hadoop 2 in particular, I may be misremembering, but I believe that the experience on
Windows is considerably worse because it requires these shell scripts to set permissions that
it won't find if you just download Spark. That would be one reason to keep Hadoop 1 in the
default build. But I could be wrong, it's been a while since I tried Windows.

Matei