> I think it would be fantastic if this work was burned down before
adding big new chunks of work. The stat is worth keeping an eye on.

+1, keeping in mind that burning down work also means just targeting it for a different release or closing it. :)

Nick

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 3:18 PM Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com> wrote:
Quick point of reference for 1.5.0: 226 issues are Fixed for 1.5.0,
and 388 are Targeted for 1.5.0. So maybe 36% of things to be done for
1.5.0 are complete, and we're in theory 3 of 8 weeks into the merge
window, or 37.5%.

That's nicely on track! assuming, of course, that nothing else is
targeted for 1.5.0. History suggests that a lot more will be, since a
minor release has more usually had 1000+ JIRAs. However lots of
forward-looking JIRAs have been filed, so it may be that most planned
work is on the books already this time around.