Have you looked at https://github.com/pwendell/hive/tree/0.13.1-shaded-protobuf ?

Cheers

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Pala M Muthaia <mchettiar@rocketfuelinc.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to make Spark SQL 1.4 work with our internal fork of Hive. We have some customizations in Hive (custom authorization, various hooks etc) that are all part of hive-exec.

Given Spark's hive dependency is through org.spark-project.hive groupId, looks like i need to modify the definition of hive-exec artifact there to take dependency on our internal hive (vs org.apache.hive), and then everything else would flow through.

However, i am unable to find sources for org.spark-project.hive to make this change. Is it available? Otherwise, how can i proceed in this situation?

Thanks,
pala