spark-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wendell <pwend...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: packaging Spark without assemblies
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 23:43:26 GMT
I think it would be a big improvement to get rid of it. It's not how
jars are supposed to be packaged and it has caused problems in many
different context over the years.

For me a key step in moving away would be to fully audit/understand
all compatibility implications of removing it. If other people are
supportive of this plan I can offer to help spend some time thinking
about any potential corner cases, etc.

- Patrick