spark-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running individual test classes
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:57:16 GMT
My experience is that going through tests in each module takes some time before reaching the
test specified by the wildcard.

Some test, such as SparkLauncherSuite, would run even if not in wildcard.

FYI

> On Nov 3, 2015, at 1:24 AM, Nitin Goyal <nitin2goyal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In maven, you might want to try following :-
>
> -DwildcardSuites=org.apache.spark.ml.ProbabilisticClassifierSuite
>

>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Michael Armbrust <michael@databricks.com> wrote:
>> In SBT:
>>
>> build/sbt "mllib/test-only *ProbabilisticClassifierSuite"
>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Stefano Baghino <stefano.baghino@radicalbit.io>
wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm new to contributing to Spark (and Apache projects in general); I've started
working on SPARK-7425 and have implemented what looks like a viable solution. Now I'd like
to test it, however I'm having some trouble running an individual test class to quickly iterate
over it; I tried running

>>> mvn -Dtest=org.apache.spark.ml.ProbabilisticClassifierSuite test
>>>
>>> and (without the fully qualified class name)
>>>
>>> mvn -Dtest=ProbabilisticClassifierSuite test
>>>
>>> but both commands resulted in running all tests, both when launching Maven from
the project root and from the MLlib module root. I've tried to look this up in the mailing
list archives but haven't had luck so far.