spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sasaki Kai <lewua...@me.com>
Subject Re: Implementation of RNN/LSTM in Spark
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 01:06:55 GMT
Hi, Disha

deeplearning4j seems to implement distributed RNN on core and scalaout packages.
http://deeplearning4j.org/recurrentnetwork.html <http://deeplearning4j.org/recurrentnetwork.html>
https://github.com/deeplearning4j/deeplearning4j <https://github.com/deeplearning4j/deeplearning4j>
It might be helpful to refer the implementation of distributed RNN.

And also I found that there is a resources about efficient RNN and implementation.
https://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/ <https://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/>

Best

Kai

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:25 AM, Disha Shrivastava <dishu.905@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Julio,
>
> Can you please cite references based on the distributed implementation?
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Julio Antonio Soto de Vicente <julio@esbet.es <mailto:julio@esbet.es>>
wrote:
> Hi,
> Is my understanding that little research has been done yet on distributed computation
(without access to shared memory) in RNN. I also look forward to contributing in this respect.

> El 03/11/2015, a las 16:00, Disha Shrivastava <dishu.905@gmail.com <mailto:dishu.905@gmail.com>>
escribió:

>> I would love to work on this and ask for ideas on how it can be done or can suggest
some papers as starting point. Also, I wanted to know if  Spark would be an ideal platform
to have a distributive implementation for RNN/LSTM

>> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 10:52 AM, Sasaki Kai <lewuathe@me.com <mailto:lewuathe@me.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi, Disha
>>
>> There seems to be no JIRA on RNN/LSTM directly. But there were several tickets about
other type of networks regarding deep learning.

>> Stacked Auto Encoder
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2623 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2623>
>> CNN
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9129 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9129>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9273 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9273>
>>
>> Roadmap of MLlib deep learning
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5575 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5575>
>>
>> I think it may be good to join the discussion on SPARK-5575.
>> Best
>>
>> Kai Sasaki
>>

>>> On Nov 2, 2015, at 1:59 PM, Disha Shrivastava <dishu.905@gmail.com <mailto:dishu.905@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wanted to know if someone is working on implementing RNN/LSTM in Spark or has
already done. I am also willing to contribute to it and get some guidance on how to go about
it.