spark-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Spark 2.0.0-preview artifacts still not available in Maven
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 08:53:11 GMT

It's been voted on by the project, so can go up on central

There's already some JIRAs being filed against it, this is a metric of success as pre-beta
of the artifacts.

The risk of exercising the m2 central option is that people may get expectations that they
can point their code at the 2.0.0-preview and then, when a release comes out, simply
update their dependency; this may/may not be the case. But is it harmful if people do start
building and testing against the preview? If it finds problems early, it can only be a good
thing