spark-dev mailing list archives

From Reynold Xin <r...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: Spark 2.0.0-preview artifacts still not available in Maven
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 20:06:35 GMT
They are here ain't they?

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1182/

Did you mean publishing them to maven central? My understanding is that
publishing to maven central isn't a required step of doing theses. This
might be a good opportunity to discuss that. My thought is that it is since
Maven central is immutable, and the purposes of the preview releases are to
get people to test it early on in preparation for the actual release, it
might be better to not publish preview releases to maven central. Users
testing with preview releases can just use the temporary repository above.