spark-dev mailing list archives

From José Manuel Abuín Mosquera <abui...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing linear albegra operations in the distributed linalg package
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 11:02:12 GMT
Hello,

I would like to add some linear algebra operations to all the
DistributedMatrix classes that Spark actually handles (CoordinateMatrix,
BlockMatrix, IndexedRowMatrix and RowMatrix), but first I would like do
ask if you consider this useful. (For me, it is)

Of course, these operations will be distributed, but they will rely on
the local implementation of mllib linalg. For example, when multiplying
an IndexedRowMatrix by a DenseVector, the multiplication of one of the
matrix rows by the vector will be performed by using the local
implementation

What is your opinion about it?

Thank you

--